2 cups heavy cream
2 cups whole milk
4 large egg yolks
1Ž2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons rose syrup
5 tablespoons Turkish rose jam
1Ž4 cup crushed raw pistachios
2 tablespoons dried rose petals, (without stems or leaves)
1. Heat the cream and milk over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, until the mixture almost boils.
2. In a bowl, beat together the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
3. Add 4 tablespoons of the hot cream mixture to the egg yolk mixture, stirring so the eggs won’t curdle when heated.
4. Reduce the heat to low, and gradually add the remaining yolk mixture to the cream and milk, being careful to prevent curdling the eggs by continuously stirring. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the mixture has thickened slightly. Stir in the rose syrup and rose jam. Cool the mixture completely, either overnight in the refrigerator or in an ice bath for 30 minutes.
5. Pour the cooled cream into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. When finished churning, remove the ice cream and fold in the pistachios and rose petals, mixing well to distribute evenly. Place the ice cream in the freezer for at least 6 to 8 hours (the rose syrup requires a longer freezing time) to solidify properly.
Back to Top